Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tips for job applicants

When filling out a job application, it is important to be honest and direct.
For example, when a prospective employer asks you, "What is your favorite book and why?", you should answer from the heart, like the following candidate:

My favorite book is Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. As a child, it was a book that I could relate to.

This is a model to be imitated. Such candor gives your employer a vivid picture of your wide-ranging interests and the depth of your own intellectual and spiritual formation. This kind of response also possesses the virtue of brevity, which in this context shows great respect for the prospective employer. It says, "I'm not the kind of person who is going to waste your time."

Especially if such responses are submitted before an interview is granted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hansonius said...

Judy Blume also wrote Superfudge. Now that's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about literature that speaks to me.

10:12 PM  
Blogger famulus_veritatis said...

Didn't Curtis Mayfield record the soundtrack to "Superfudge"?

Wait--no. That was "Superfreak"...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home